Attorney Rick St. Hilaire is a museum lawyer who focuses his practice on legal issues in museum administration. Attorney St. Hilaire can provide advice on a single legal matter or serve as outside legal counsel at an affordable flat fee rate.
Legal services offered to museums include:
• museum accessions and deaccessions
• loan and exhibition agreements
• donor/deed of gift agreements
• gift acceptance policies
• museum administraton issues
• board of director governance and fiduciary duties
• public access to collections
• museum and cultural institution risk management
• museum employment
• federal legal compliance (e.g. NAGPRA, CITES)
• ICOM, AAMD, and AAM ethics compliance
• repatriation claims and seizures
• disposition of looted material
• government relations
• lost and stolen works of fine art and antiquities
Copyright 2011-2013 Ricardo A. St. Hilaire, Attorney & Counselor at Law, PLLCLebanon, NH 03766 | Concord, NH 03301USALicensed in New Hampshire
20 West Park Street, Suite 207, Lebanon, NH 03766
Museum Law and Administration, Art Theft
CLICK HERE FOR DISCLAIMER.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented on this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome and depend on the facts of each matter.
Attorney St. Hilaire practices museum law and museum risk management. Cases handled include art theft, museum administration, antiquities repatriation claims, provenance and title, art and antiquities accessions and deaccessions, museum safety planning and risk management, and many other art, cultural heritage law, and cultural property legal matters relevant to museums.